A professional photographer will understand the importance of a top-quality phone on a tripod that ensures stability and enables capturing the fleeting moment at the right time.
If you’re an amateur photographer, a tripod can assist you to take off some burden (quite literally) so that you can focus solely on the intricacies of the photography. Here’s the list of the Best Tripod Phone Stand for Smartphones.
The best Tripod Phone Stand – Kobratech Apex 70
- Material: High Strength Aluminum
- Max Height: 70″
- Min height: 20″
- Weight: 4.74 lbs
- Max Weight: Capacity 9 lbs
- Compatibility: DSLR Cameras, Smartphones
- Tripod Head Type: Pan-and-tilt-heads
The Kobratech Apex 70 is undoubtedly the best tripod regardless of which device you are using, as it has universal mounts. ‘Every photographer’s Dream’ the brand claims as the phone on a tripod can transition into a monopod in only a flick of seconds. Moreover, the self-adjusting feet adjust themselves on unstable ground.
The Apex 70 is sturdy, lightweight, and may withstand heavy DSLRs without tripping. The tripod head features a 360-degree rotation, and the tilt movement has a twist-and-lock handle while horizontal movement is locked in place on the opposite side of the handle.
Both of those controls have a decent grip which enables quick adjustments easy. The legs have a lift and lock lever which is used to lock it into a stable adjustment in a twist.
Though it can prove troublesome to carry it on hiking, to make portability easier it provides a carrier handle on it in addition to its carrying case.
It comes with a phone mount suited for universal smartphones. The Bluetooth pad that comes alongside the tripod is used to control the device attached to it.
- Sturdy, and lightweight for its size.
- Can withstand heavy DSLRs.
- It’s slightly difficult to carry thanks to its size.
Best for mobile: Square jellyfish metal spring tripod
- Dimensions : 3″ x 2″ x 1.5″
- Item Weight : 0.32 ounces
- Extension: 2 1/4 to 3 5/8 inches
- Compatible Devices: Smartphones
- Colour: Metal Tripod Mount
- Material: Rubber
Are you a selfie fanatic? Do all of your photographic masterpieces credit to your iPhone? Fret not cause we have an apt mobile tripod recommendation for you that will let your mobile snap transform to the next level.
The Square jellyfish metal spring tripod is your perfect suit. It is a small and compact metal tripod that can easily mount on your backpack. The metal spring, though looks small, serves an excellent level of durability.
You can place your iPhone or Android worry-free on this tripod. It has a robust metal clamp suited to hold a smartphone. The clamp is lined with a rubber cushion to prevent your expensive phones from getting scratched.
The mobile tripod extends from 2 ¼ to 3 ⅝ inches wide, providing enough room for a regular smartphone to fit in. It has a 180-degree rotating pivot which ensures a free-hand experience.
To add the cherry to the top, the Square Jellyfish Metal Spring tripod comes with a lifetime warranty. So you do not need to worry about receiving faulty products. Here are some of the pros and cons of a tripod phone stand.
- Provides stability ensuring the safety of the smartphone.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Takes effort at adjusting orientation with precision.
Best value tripod phone stand: Joby Gorillapod
- Dimensions : 1.7″ x 1″ x 2.3″
- Item Weight : 6.9 ounces
- Batteries: 1 A batteries required.
- Material: Plastic
- Tripod Head: TypeBall Heads
- Maximum Height: 25.5 Centimeters
Joby 1k Gorillapod will be the best mobile tripod if you are up with mostly hand-held shots. It is one of the best tripods you will need for vlogging or for clicking selfies for the price it offers. It comes with a rubberized foot which ensures it stands with minimum disturbance.
The limb of the Gorillapod has individual rotating balls on the socket that provides the perfect grip required for it to wrap around a branch or a beam. It has a solid ball head support that holds a smartphone or a camera at any position and makes it simple to take portrait shots.
Which Gorillapod you choose is a matter of your intended purpose, and the Joby 1k model fits the best for most of it.
The Joby 1k Gorillapod is mostly suited for backpacking and hiking videos due to its versatility. It is lightweight, which makes it easier to carry around, and can withstand a sufficient weight of 1.5-2 lbs.
- Lightweight, portable, and travel friendly
- Flexible and versatile. Can be fixed on a range of surfaces.
- The durability and sturdiness wear out after a year.
- The ball socket tends to pop out on over-usage.
Also great tripod phone stand: Vanguard Alta Pro tripod
- Dimensions : 33″ x 6.8″ x 4.7″
- Weight : 5.83 pounds
- Material: Aluminum/ Carbon fiber
- Max Load Capacity: 15.4 lbs
If you are a macro photographer, you should know the importance of stability as well as the flexibility of the camera angles. Well, excellent news for you because the Vanguard Alta Pro tripod comes with a multi-angle central column (MAAC).
The hexagonal central column enables the movement from 0°to 180°. MAAC allows you to alter the angle of your tripod to 25°, 50°, and 80° with the easy-release buttons.
It has a ball head that enables you a 360-degree overall rotation.
The spiked rubber feet alongside the slip and lock system ensure maximum stability.
‘Magnesium die-cast’ canopy and anti-shock ring increase the sturdiness of the tripod.
- Good for macro shots
- Flexible tripod legs enable maneuvering different angles for the perfect shot.
- Quite bulky
- Only compatible with cameras.
- The rotation point does not endure rough usage.