How to Delete an Instagram Account?
- Go to the Instagram website on a web browser and log in to your account.
- You cannot delete your account using the Instagram app.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of your profile page and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Help.”
- Select “Managing Your Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Delete Your Account.”
- Select a reason why you want to delete your account from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your password.
- Solve the Captcha.
- Click on “Permanently delete my account.”
Please note that once your account is deleted, it cannot be recovered and all of the content, including photos and videos, will be permanently removed. Before proceeding, consider downloading a backup of your data.
Remember to save your data
You might have valuable images, interactions, and followers, but you can’t add them back afterward. Instagram will destroy your account and everything in it, including your images, likes, comments, and friends, when you decide to do so.
It’s a good idea to back up your Instagram data before attempting to erase your account.
More ways on how to Delete an Instagram Account?
You can delete your Instagram account once you’ve stored your Instagram data. Users can choose between two choices. The first alternative involves completely deleting your Instagram account along with all of its related content. The second is a short-term solution.
Only a browser can permanently delete your Instagram account, although you can do so on both desktop and mobile browsers. Instagram temporarily hides your account for 30 days before it disappears forever. Therefore, if you later change your mind, you can reinstate it.
Instagram, which is owned by Facebook (now Meta), doesn’t offer a straight option to cancel the account within the app.
Steps to delete your Instagram account:
- Tap on the profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right and then click on settings. Click account and then tap on “Delete your account” on a computer or mobile browser. If you aren’t already logged in, the page will prompt you to do so.
- Navigate to the “Delete your account” on a computer or mobile browser. If you aren’t already logged in, the page will prompt you to do so.
- You will be asked to choose a reason for wanting to delete your Instagram account from a drop-down option.
- To continue, enter the password again.
- For the Instagram account to be permanently deleted, click the “Delete [username]” option.
The Instagram account deletion request is processed within 30 days. If you change your mind you can still access it.
How can I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
Are you aware that Instagram gives you the option to temporarily disable your account for any period that you choose? Using this function, your photographs, videos, likes, and comments are hidden from social media. You can, however, only temporarily deactivate and reactivate your Instagram account via a web browser on a PC or a mobile device.
Temporarily disable your account:
- Log into https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/temporary/Instagram
- Select “Settings” by clicking on the profile picture.
- The “Edit profile” page will be shown. To access the “Temporarily deactivate my account” option, scroll to the bottom of the page. Just click it.
- You will be asked to choose a justification for wanting to disable your Instagram account. Choose from the available choices.
- To disable the profile, enter your password and click “Temporarily Deactivate Account.”
This is all you need to do to connect back to the platform whenever you want to reactivate your disabled Instagram account.
Also, read our latest article on 5 WAYS ON HOW TO DELETE THE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.
Leave a Reply