There will come a point when you may want to permanently disengage from your social media accounts. Whether you want to live a better life or just use your phone less, removing your social media accounts may help you protect your future opportunities. Although permanently deleting your Instagram account may seem like a big step, it’s easy to do if you’re ready to get rid of your profile and reclaim some of your free time. Let’s examine how to delete an Instagram account.
To delete your Instagram account, follow these steps: 1) Go to https://www.instagram.com/ 2) Enter your username in the search bar on the top right corner. 3) Click on “Delete Account”. 4) Confirm that you want to delete your account by clicking on the “Confirm” button. 5) Your account will be deleted within 24 hours.
Save your data
It’s a good idea to back up your Instagram data before attempting to erase your account. You might have valuable images, interactions, and followers, but you can’t add them back afterwards. Instagram will destroy your account and everything in it, including your images, likes, comments, and friends, when you decide to do so. Also, looking on. Read here to know 6 Ways How to Screenshot on Android.
How to Delete an Instagram Account
You can delete your Instagram account once you’ve stored your Instagram data. Users can choose between two choices. The first alternative involves completely deleting your Instagram account along with all of its related content. The second is a short-term solution.
Only a browser can permanently delete your Instagram account, although you can do so on both desktop and mobile browsers. Instagram temporarily hides your account for 30 days before it disappears forever. Therefore, if you later change your mind, you can reinstate it.
Instagram, which is owned by Facebook (now Meta), doesn’t offer a straight option to cancel the account within the app.
Steps to delete your Instagram account:
- Tap on the profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right and then click on settings. Click account and then tap on “Delete your account” on a computer or mobile browser. If you aren’t already logged in, the page will prompt you to do so.
- Navigate to the “Delete your account” on a computer or mobile browser. If you aren’t already logged in, the page will prompt you to do so.
- You will be asked to choose a reason for wanting to delete your Instagram account from a drop-down option.
- To continue, enter the password again.
- For the Instagram account to be permanently deleted, click the “Delete [username]” option.
The Instagram account deletion request is processed within 30 days. If you change your mind you can still access it.
How can I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
Are you aware that Instagram gives you the option to temporarily disable your account for any period that you choose? Using this function, your photographs, videos, likes, and comments are hidden from social media. You can, however, only temporarily deactivate and reactivate your Instagram account via a web browser on a PC or a mobile device.
Temporarily disable your account:
- Log into https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/temporary/Instagram
- Select “Settings” by clicking on the profile picture.
- The “Edit profile” page will be shown. To access the “Temporarily deactivate my account” option, scroll to the bottom of the page. Just click it.
- You will be asked to choose a justification for wanting to disable your Instagram account. Choose from the available choices.
- To disable the profile, enter your password and click “Temporarily Deactivate Account.”
This is all you need to do to connect back onto the platform whenever you want to reactivate your disabled Instagram account.